Ximon Lee: First U.S. and Menswear designer to win the H&M Design Award
H&M Design Award is a design competition for students (for 2015: 2014 BA and MA graduates/or equivalent to that) at selected design schools around the world.
The winner of the fourth annual H&M Design Award 2015 is Ximon Lee, a 24-year-old graduate from Parsons School of Design in New York, who was chosen by prominent jury members.
The Jury of H&M Design Award 2015 included:
- Luella Bartley, Design Director of Marc by Marc Jacobs;
- Lucinda Chambers, Fashion Director of British Vogue;
- Paula Goldstein di Principe, Creative Director;
- Tommy Ton, Visual Journalist;
- Angelo Flaccavento, Freelance Fashion Critic;
- Justin O'Shea, Buying Director for Mytheresa.com;
- Lily Allen, Singer/Songwriter;
- Ann-Sofie Johansson, Head of Design, New Development, H&M;
- Margareta van den Bosch, Creative Advisor, H&M.
This year's finalists were:
+ MAGDALENA BROZDA (Poland);
+ ANDREAS EKLÖF (Sweden);
+ GRAHAM FAN (Canada/Hong Kong);
+ ANDREA JIAPEI LI (China);
+ JAMES KELLY (UK);
+ LEONARD KOCIC (Serbia/Sweden);
+ XIMON LEE (Hong Kong);
+ FIONA O'NEILL (Ireland).
Ximon is the first U.S. and menswear designer to receive the prestigious award, which was presented yesterday (January 27, 2015) along with his winning collection at a fashion show during Fashion Week Stockholm.
In addition to the show, Ximon has won EUR 50,000 and the opportunity to develop pieces from his collection to be sold at selected H&M stores and online at hm.com later this Fall.
Hits: 3932 | Leave a comment
We are looking for men's suit tailors, fashion designers, managers, fashion consultants who want to share their knowledge and tips in an article or video and contribute to the site! Please email us at email@example.com Don't miss the opportunity as this will be a free advertisement for yourself and your menswear brand!