Ximon Lee: First U.S. and Menswear designer to win the H&M Design Award
H&M Design Award is a design competition for students (for 2015: 2014 BA and MA graduates/or equivalent to that) at selected design schools around the world.
The winner of the fourth annual H&M Design Award 2015 is Ximon Lee, a 24-year-old graduate from Parsons School of Design in New York, who was chosen by prominent jury members.
The Jury of H&M Design Award 2015 included:
- Luella Bartley, Design Director of Marc by Marc Jacobs;
- Lucinda Chambers, Fashion Director of British Vogue;
- Paula Goldstein di Principe, Creative Director;
- Tommy Ton, Visual Journalist;
- Angelo Flaccavento, Freelance Fashion Critic;
- Justin O'Shea, Buying Director for Mytheresa.com;
- Lily Allen, Singer/Songwriter;
- Ann-Sofie Johansson, Head of Design, New Development, H&M;
- Margareta van den Bosch, Creative Advisor, H&M.
This year's finalists were:
+ MAGDALENA BROZDA (Poland);
+ ANDREAS EKLÖF (Sweden);
+ GRAHAM FAN (Canada/Hong Kong);
+ ANDREA JIAPEI LI (China);
+ JAMES KELLY (UK);
+ LEONARD KOCIC (Serbia/Sweden);
+ XIMON LEE (Hong Kong);
+ FIONA O'NEILL (Ireland).
Ximon is the first U.S. and menswear designer to receive the prestigious award, which was presented yesterday (January 27, 2015) along with his winning collection at a fashion show during Fashion Week Stockholm.
In addition to the show, Ximon has won EUR 50,000 and the opportunity to develop pieces from his collection to be sold at selected H&M stores and online at hm.com later this Fall.
Hits: 6420 | Leave a comment
Tags:competition, award, design, 2015, Ximon Lee, menswear, collection, prize