The nominations for the Golden Needles are announced
ACADEMY OF FASHION
* Darina Manchenko is honoured with the award for overall contribution to Bulgarian fashion
On its session on Friday the Academy of fashion voted the nominations for the "Golden needle" award for the year 2001. The award for overall contribution to Bulgarian fashion and the "Golden needle" in this category is adjudged to the famous Bulgarian designer Daria Manchenko. She has graduated the Higher school of fashion stylistics, haute couture fashion and costume "Arman Gojel" in Paris and more than a quarter of a century she works in the field of fashion design.
The rest of the awards will be voted by the journalists' jury on the official ceremony and a gala-dinner on the 6th March 2002 in the Central Military Club - Sofia. The nominations in the different categories are:
- "Fashion designer of the year" - Albena Aleksandrova, Atanas Paruchev, Dessislava Moskova, Maria Nedkova and Tseno Vutov;
- "Fashion house of the year" - "Scarlet", "Enita", "Lusil", "Leopard", "Magda moda";
- "Fashion photography" - Bojidar Markov, Moni Frances, Temelko Temelkov;
- "Fashion show" - "Vogue Vision", "Nota Bene", NATFIS "Kr. Sarafov"
The Academy of fashion is an association with ideal aims, founded in 1993 in Paris by Donka Ganeva, Lubomir Stoykov and Rumiana Grigorova. For eight consecutive time it honours with "golden needles" the best Bulgarian fashion designers. The awards are made by the jeweller Anjelo Krassini.
All rights reserved!
Hits: 6000 | Leave a comment