First ever Global Kids Fashion Week will be held in London
AlexandAlexa, the global online style destination for kids is delighted to announce the first ever Global Kids’ Fashion Week (GKFW) launching in London this spring. The event will run for two days from 19th – 20th March 2013 and will take place at the Freemason’s Hall, Holborn, London.
The schedule includes two main shows – an exclusive media event showcasing the latest AW13 trends from leading labels worldwide on Tuesday 19th March; and a public show with SS13 season looks from the AlexandAlexa brand portfolio on Wednesday 20th March. Proceeds from all ticket sales for the public fashion show will be donated to Kids Company, the charity partner for GKFW.
GKFW will cast a spotlight on premium kids’ fashion, from both established designers and emerging names. Designers showing include:
- Luxury brands: Paul Smith Junior, Junior Gaultier, Chloe, Little Marc Jacobs, I Pinco Pallino, Suzanne Ermann, Anne Kurris, Supertrash
- Premium casual brands: Tommy Hilfiger, Diesel, Scotch Shrunk, Scotch R'Belle, Wildfox,
- Emerging/independent brands: Rachel Riley, Finger in the Nose, Munster Kids
The event will feature runway shows and performances as well as a mix of playful activities for children and parents in collaboration with event partner the V&A Museum of Childhood. After the show, refreshments will be served along with entertainment from supporting brands such as child-friendly nail varnish company Little Bu, a bloggers lounge and sponsored photobooth.
Ambassadors involved in the project include:
- Sarah Curran, founder of my-wardrobe.com
- Tanya Kazeminy Mackay, founding partner of Mama Mio
- Portia Freeman, model
- Pippa Vosper, founder of maternallychic.com blog
- Olcay Gulsen, Dutch fashion designer and founder of SuperTrash Girls
GKFW aims to educate and inspire people about Kids’ fashion – celebrating how this specialist category has thrived and evolved over the past five years. The event is sponsored by AlexandAlexa.com, the global style destination for kids, who have played a major role in the growth of this market. Alex Theophanous, founder and CEO of AlexandAlexa.com says: ‘Kids’ fashion is playful, fun and innovative – we all believe it deserves its own dedicated platform. This is why we are so proud to be supporting the very first Global Kids’ Fashion Week. With this event, we aim to put children’s fashion on the map worldwide’.
Hits: 9092 | Leave a comment