Massimiliano Giornetti said Goodbye to Salvatore Ferragamo
The big quitting continues
Yesterday (March 24, 2016) the Italian luxury goods company Salvatore Ferragamo announced that brand's creative director Massimiliano Giornetti has quitted.
The 44-year-old designer was part of the label's team since 2010 - he started as part of the meanswear team and in 2011 was promoted to creative director, overseeing the men's and women's collections. He brought new ideas into the 'DNA of the brand', but it is time for change obviously - which is a common event in the men's fashion world lately.
During the last month Stefano Pilati, Alessandro Sartori and Brendan Mullane left respectively Ermenegildo Zegna Couture, Berluti and Brioni.
For now Ferragamo counts on its internal design team, not rushing to choose a replacement for Giornetti.
'We will take this opportunity to revisit our creative approach. Over time the company has nurtured and sponsored many young designers and is fortunate to be able to count on an excellent in-house team', said Michele Norsa - the group chief executive of Salvatore Ferragamo.
Italian designer Massimiliano Giornetti appears on the catwalk at the end of presentation of his Fall-Winter 2015/2016 collection for Italian fashion house Salvatore Ferragamo during the Milan Fashion Week, March 2015;
© Flavio Lo Scalzo/EPA
Hits: 2122 | Leave a comment
About the Author
We are looking for men's suit tailors, fashion designers, managers, fashion consultants who want to share their knowledge and tips in an article or video and contribute to the site! Please email us at email@example.com Don't miss the opportunity as this will be a free advertisement for yourself and your menswear brand!